Joseph M. Beck
Joseph M. Beck was raised in Wheaton and continues to reside there with his wife, Nancy. He is a lifelong member of St. Michael's Parish in Wheaton. He graduated from St. Michael's School in 1973, and St. Francis High School in 1977. Mr. Beck completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana, and graduated with a B.S. in Agriculture in 1981. Mr. Beck pursued the study of law at The John Marshall Law School in Chicago, Illinois, and graduated with a Juris Doctor degree in 1984. He was admitted to the State Bar of Illinois in 1985. Mr. Beck is also admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Mr. Beck joined the law firm of Mirabella & Kincaid, P.C., in 1984, and since that time he has been in private practice. In May 2001, Mr. Beck co-founded the law firm of Beck, Houlihan & Scott, P.C. (renamed Beck & Houlihan, P.C in 2010). He has concentrated his practice throughout his career in the area of family law and focuses on family law litigation and methods of alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Over the last seven years, he has expanded his practice by incorporating mediation and collaborative law as methods of ADR for clients with family law issues. Mr. Beck has been, and continues to be, one of the predominant mediators in the DuPage County Mediation Program since its inception in March of 1998.
In the January-February 2004 edition of West Suburban Living Magazine, Mr. Beck was recognized as a top lawyer by his peers in the practice areas of Alternative Dispute Resolution and Family Law. The list of top lawyers in this publication was developed in partnership with the Leading Lawyers Network, a subsidiary of Law Bulletin Publishing, Inc.
Mr. Beck is a member of the DuPage County Bar Association and the Illinois Bar Association.
- Illinois, 1985
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- John Marshall Law School, 1984
- University of Illinois, 1981
- B.S., Agriculture
Honors and Awards:
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2001-Present
- Leading Lawyers, Alternative Dispute Resolution and Family Law, West Suburban Living Magazine, 2004
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Teen Parent Connection (TPC), Formerly Greater DuPage MYM
- Director, July 2007-Present
- Past Chair, Finance Committee and Governors Committee
- Greater DuPage MYM
- Director, July 1997-June 2006
- President, 1999-2000
- DuPage County Arbitration Center
- Arbitration Judge, 1991-Present
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Chairman, Legal Aid Committee, 2000-2001
- Chairman, Admission and Membership Committee, 1993
- Chairman, Family Law and Practice Committee, 1991-1992
- Chairman, Law Day Committee, 1986-1987
- llinois State Bar Association